Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Stupid Kaspersky

For some reason, my Kaspersky Internet Security 8.0 is denying me access into www.cimbclicks.com.my. Claiming that the site is used to steal passwords, credit card numbers among other things. 


Just in case you don't know what "cimbclicks" is, it is the ebanking portal of CIMB Bank. While i do not own any savings or checking account with CIMB Bank, i do have a credit card from CIMB Bank and since i use my credit card over the net a lot, i login to my mom's credit card account (because my mom's the principal cardholder and i'm just the supplementary) almost everyday just to make sure there isn't any unauthorized charges as well as to keep track of my spending. 

I have heard friends complaining about the same issue several days ago but the website still worked for me yesterday and now it's been blocked. I've been looking for ways to override Kaspersky but much to my dismay, it was no success. I hope it is just a false alarm from Kaspersky or i'll have to uninstall this anti-virus system, which i paid RM80 for a year service :(

No comments: