Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Important Announcement

Certain things are better said in writing rather than face to face as it is deemed the best way to avoid any unnecessary heated arguments.

What i am about to say might cause dissatisfaction to some, a truly unwelcome changes just like when our brilliant government announced they were going to hike the petrol price from RM1.80/liter to RM2.80/liter in May last year. But then, this is a whole different matter and if you're an educated person then you will totally understand this.

In view of the uncertain economic trend, i will now not help you to pay for your meals or drinks. I used to be quite generous in this especially with all my best friends but then reality bites. I have started to question myself if this is doing any good at all. My parents give me their money to spend for myself and not on other people.

If we happen to hang out together next time, please do not bother to ask me if i can buy you a meal or drink as the answer is no. From now forward i will treat you to a meal or drink only when i feel there is something worth celebrating or else, we all have to pay for our own expenses. There will be strictly no more subsidizing. You might argue that you do not have a job and you might have some cash flow problem but then what makes you think i am any better ? I am too, living off my parents' paychecks.

Whenever i go out with my friends, i'll be the one to foot the bill because i want the credit card rewards points (obviously) but then even if we're going to pay by cash, i will still be the one to pay for the bill first because that is just how we do it and the rest will pay me back later. What annoys me the most is that many of them like to give discount to themselves. Most of the time they will calculate their shares themselves and then simply throw me the money but it is always RM2 - RM5 short. And that's not all, often enough i have to bear all the taxes by myself. I know you all are genius in Arithmetics but sorry to tell you that i have better faith in technology, in this case a calculator. If you want to calculate the bill yourself then please use a calculator and make sure you have also factoring in the 5% government tax and 10% service tax (if applicable). Should you find that very troublesome then just wait me to give you the numbers !

One more thing is the cost of petrol. Some of my friends do not have cars solely at their disposal, so they still need to rely on me to give them a ride whenever we go out and i will still be gladly providing you a free ride. But if there is a need to pay for parking fee, it'd be great if you are the one to pay for it because it wouldn't be fair for me to bear all the cost on my own. It is good enough that i am not asking for petrol fee as i can assure you that you will need to pay even more if you want to share the cost of petrol instead of fully absorbing the parking fee yourself.

Your understanding is much appreciated. Should you need further clarification on this issue please feel free to drop me a mail. Have a nice day !

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ok. Points taken boss.

Steven Gerrard said...

hm...if the gov tax increases, i will agree ...however, what the fuck!!RM2.80?!!!!!!per litre petrol??

This is equivalent to the price of the nasi ayam cp in centre point!!!!
I will rather take the bus now..though is really inconvenient...wth!

Steven Gerrard said...

er..well, i din read it thru in the early morning...quite blur also that moment...it's ok ....i will pay my own...haha

Isaac said...

No sign of BN increasing the 5% "government tax". But the "5% government tax" will be likely to be replaced by "5% government sales tax (GST)" in the next few years. So the news reported.

Yes. There is a difference between "government tax" and "GST". Grab the latest newspaper or google it then you'll understand.

No. RM2.80/liter for RON97 Unleaded Petrol is a thing of the past. But the government has introduced a new fuel named RON95 on 31/8/09 and it is priced at RM1.80/liter.

RON97 will still be on sale but they have hiked the price by another RM0.25/liter. Before the stupid RON95 fuel came into picture RON97 was sold at RM1.80/liter. What a GREAT MERDEKA PRESENT from the ALMIGHTY BARISAN NASIONAL. When all other countries are constantly improving, moving towards the better but Malaysia is actually ... erm ... moving backwards ... OMG ! What a joke !

Isaac said...

@Steven Gerrard,

What i am asking is for you all to pay for the parking ticket, assume if i were to give you a free ride. If there are two of you, let say you and KY, then feel free to split the cost of the parking ticket. Fair and square right ?

Okay, i might still be at the losing end because the cost of petrol is still higher a parking ticket overall but you contribute something and i too, contribute something. That's pretty fair right ?

Chuen Hien Lai said...

ya...it's fine for me as long got free ride at the end...haha..by the way, I will be back on 3rd december...

Isaac said...

Noted.