Monday, August 10, 2009

What's in My Wallet (as of August 2009)

I stumbled across several blogs about "what's in my wallet" earlier today. They actually took pictures of their wallets, went through and detailed everything that they carry around with them. It sounded like an interesting exercise to compare wallets, so i thought i'd give it a shot, too.

Below is the picture of my wallet. Nothing special. A brown "Lumberjack" wallet. Bought it at Jaya Jusco Mid Valley Megamall during a sales few months back. Been using it around three months only yet it is already looking like an old wallet. Paid RM56.90 for this wallet, after a 30% or 40% discount.


A view of my wallet from another angle





Inside Pocket Left (behind credit card slots) :
  • Malaysian Identification Card - MyKad
  • Malaysian Driving License

Inside Pocket Right (behind credit card slots) :
  • Times Bookstore Privilege Card
  • ISETAN of Japan Department Store Members Card
  • Jaya Jusco J Card

Right Side Credit Card Slots :
  • American Express Green Charge Card
  • An old picture of me - taken in year 2000

Left Side Credit Card Slots :
  • HSBC ATM Card
  • Public Bank ATM-cum-VISA Debit Card


Inside Money Slots :
  • 2x RM10 of McDonald vouchers
  • 3x RM1 bill
  • 1x RM10 bill
  • 1x RM50 bill
  • 1x RM100 bill
  • 1x UD$1 bill
I do not usually bring that much money in my wallet. Usually only RM50+-. We are in the era where plastic rules ! Go to USA and you'll see people trying to use debit card/credit card/charge card whenever possible, even just for a US$2 worth of soft drink. But ever since my mom cancelled my CIMB Bank Mastercard, i have to rely heavily back on cash again. I still have my American Express Green Charge Card but not many places accept American Express. I normally only use it when i go to KL and to pump petrol. It's a good card really. It provides good rewards and fantastic cash rebates. American Express also gives you 2 points for every Ringgit charged to the card when you swipe the card at the petrol kiosk. VISA and Mastercard do not give you anything for petrol transaction.

No comments: